Grilled Herb Chicken
Chef Eduardo Garcia of Montana Mex worked with Big Sky Youth Empowerment to plant, harvest and cook empower youth to create delicious recipes over Royal Oak lump charcoal. Try this Montana Mex blend of flavors to enhance your next meal cooked with chicken.
3 lb Chicken thighs & legs, skin on and bone-in
1 Orange, juice & zest
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons Montana Mex Chile seasoning
1 tablespoon Montana Mex Jalapeno seasoning
2 tablespoon Montana Mex sweet seasoning
2 cups fresh Oregano, leaves chopped
10 sprigs fresh Thyme, leaves plucked
3 tablespoons Montana Mex Avocado Oil
Royal Oak Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Royal Oak All Natural Tumbleweeds
1. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
2. Mix the marinade and chicken together until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
3. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and remove the pieces from the Marinade onto a dish, reserving the marinade. Check that your grill grate is brushed clean and oiled.
4. Place the chicken on the grill skin side down and evenly spaced out. Check the chicken every 5-10 min., turn or flip as necessary and keep your eyes peeled for hot spots(areas that are hotter and individual pieces cooking quicker than others).
5. Cook for 30-45 minutes (for skinless boneless breast reduce your time by almost half) and brush with marinade periodically to keep the exterior from drying out while also cooking added layers of flavor into the skin. The chicken is ready when it is firm to the touch and the juices run clear when a thigh or breast is pierced with a knife tip or the internal temperature of the chicken registers at 165*F on an instant-read thermometer.
6. For a BBQ spin, brush chicken with Montana Mex BBQ sauce towards the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Courtesy of: Chef Eduardo Garcia