Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Mac n’ Cheese
This recipe for grilled bacon-wrapped mac and cheese stuffed chicken thighs will blow all other grilled chicken recipes right off the grill. Grilled chicken breast drizzled with barbecue sauce, stuffed with decadent macaroni and cheese, wrapped in juicy bacon then fired over a charcoal BBQ? You’re welcome.
4 boneless and skinless, chicken thighs
1 package of bacon
Fergolicious Sweet Sweet Luv Rub
Tillman’s Barbecue Chipotle Apple BBQ sauce
12 ounces of your favorite mac n’ cheese (optional: add rib meat)
Royal Oak XL-Cut Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Royal Oak Tumbleweeds Firestarters
Pecan wood chunks
Cherry wood chunks
1. Prepare smoker or grill to 300° F by lighting Royal Oak XL Cut Lump charcoal using Royal Oak All-Natural Tumbleweeds. Optional: add pecan and cherry wood chunks.
2. Arrange 4 bacon strips in a wheel shape (1 vertical, 1 horizontal, 2 diagonal) and place the chicken thigh in the middle so that the inside of the thigh is facing up. Season thigh with Fergolicious Sweet Sweet Luv Rub. Scoop 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of mac n’ cheese in the center of the chicken thigh.
3. Gently lift the ends of the chicken thigh and begin wrapping the bacon (one strip at a time) tightly over the entire chicken thigh, creating a ball-like shape. Once completely wrapped, insert toothpicks to hold together. Season wrapped chicken with Fergolicious Sweet Sweet Luv Rub. Repeat this step for each piece of chicken.
4. Place wrapped chicken in smoker for 1 hour at 300° F, turning the grates halfway through to rotate the heat. Take the wrapped chicken off and remove toothpicks.
5. Brush Tillman’s Barbecue Chipotle Apple BBQ sauce directly on wrapped chicken and place back on the smoker for 5 minutes. Once finished, remove from smoker and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Courtesy of: Pitmaster Richard Fergola