Christmas Deep Dish Pizza
½ Teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
1 Tbs – Sugar
3 Cups – High Protein Flour
1 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
7 tbs Butter
Pizza Sauce – 32 oz
30 oz. shredded Mozzarella Cheese
¾ cups water
1. Add the Yeast to the water (warmed to 108 degrees). Let sit for 5 minutes before adding the remaining dough ingredients.
2. Add flour, oil, and butter into the yeast solution and mix well until the dough ball starts to form. Add Salt (do not add too early). Place dough into a covered container and keep refrigerated for 1 day.
3. Let the dough warm to room temperature for a couple of hours on baking day.
4. Grease an 8-10” Cast Iron Skillet with Crisco.
5. Roll the dough into two sections, one to place inside the cast iron skillet and another to top the pizza.
6. Place the dough inside the cast iron skillet and arrange a layer of each of your toppings (meats, vegetables, etc.) and fill it with cheese.
7. Roll out the top portion of your dough and place it on top (should be nice and thin). Be sure to press it so it combines with the dough placed inside the cast iron. Slice a handful of holes into the top dough.
8. Add additional sauce on top of the dough and then place as many Jalapeno slices as you desire.
9. Preheat your drum using Royal Oak lump charcoal to 425 degrees and use your heat diffuser so the drum distributes heat evenly.
10. Bake the pizza for 30-40 minutes rotating midway through the cook checking to make sure that the top is getting the proper color.
11. Slice and Serve.