Crab Stuffed Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
Butterfly shrimp filled with lump crab meat and wrapped in juicy bacon... What's not to love? This grilled shrimp recipe tastes best seared in a cast iron skillet over Royal Oak Lump charcoal where it can soak up the natural flavor of Oak and Hickory. And just in case that wasn't enough fire for you already, we invited crushed Flamin’ Hot Funyuns to the party. Time to fire up the grill.
12 peeled and deveined large shrimp, butterflied (tails removed)
1 package of bacon
1 can of lump crab meat
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons crushed Flamin’ Hot Funyuns
1 tablespoon pimento, diced
Fergolicious Luv Rub
1 tablespoon tarragon
Duck fat spray cooking oil
Royal Oak Hardwood Lump Charcoal
BBQ Cocktail Sauce
1/2 cup SugarFire Honey Sriracha BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon Fergolicious Luv Rub
1 tablespoon horseradish
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Prepare grill or smoker for two-zone cooking at 350° F using Royal Oak Lump charcoal on one side of the grill to create a hot and cool zone.
2. For the stuffing: mix crab meat, mayonnaise, crushed Flamin’ Hot Funyuns, diced pimento, Fergolicious Luv Rub and tarragon in a bowl. Once mixed, scoop 2 tablespoons of the stuffing on each butterflied shrimp.
3. Roll the stuffed shrimp in a piece of bacon, until completely covered. Optional: stick a toothpick to hold together.
4. Season cast iron skillet with duck fat spray cooking oil and arrange shrimp in the skillet (about 5 at a time). Place the skillet on the hot side of the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side until golden and crisp. Once finished, remove from skillet and let rest for 5 minutes.
5. For the BBQ cocktail sauce: mix SugarFire Honey Sriracha BBQ sauce, Fergolicious Luv Rub, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
6. To serve, arrange the shrimp onto a warm plate and place sauce in a bowl for dipping.
Courtesy of: Chef Mike Johnson