Malcom Reed’s McRib Sandwich
1 slab Loin Back Ribs
2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP seasoning
2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter (split in half lengthwise)
3/4 cup Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
1/2 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
1 loaf of fresh French Bread
1/2 onion thinly sliced
Several hamburger-style dill pickles
1. Fire up the smoker for indirect cooking at 275°F.
2. Remove the membrane and make a thin incision along each bone.
3. Season each side with the seasoning of choice, followed by a thin layer of mustard. Let the ribs set meat side up for about 15 – 20 minutes while the smoker reaches temp.
4. Place the ribs on the smoker and cook for 2 hours.
5. Wrap the ribs: Double layer of foil, spread out the brown sugar, lay the butter on top, drizzle with 1/4 cup of Vinegar sauce, and place the ribs meat down. Wrap the foil tight around the ribs and place it back on the smoker.
6. Continue to cook for 1 hour 45 minutes or until ribs are tender. Remove the ribs from the cooker and open the foil. Carefully remove each bone (they’ll pop out clean at this point).
7. Transfer the ribs to a cooling rack lined with foil. Combine the remaining sauces and brush on the backside. Flip the ribs over meat side up and brush with sauce.
8. Place the cooling rack on the pit and glaze for 15-20 minutes.
9. Slice the French bread in half lengthwise and spread with a little butter. Toast for 2—3 minutes.
10. To build the sandwich: Drizzle sauce on the bottom half of the bread and top with thinly sliced onion and pickles. Place the ribs on top and drizzle with more sauce. Add the top half of the bread and slice into quarters to serve.