Phillip Dell Strawberry Toast
Orange Mascarpone Cheese
1. Grill slices of baguette for approximately 1-2 minutes per side or until toasted.
2. Mix an 8oz. container of Mascarpone cheese with 2 tsp. of orange zest and a tsp. of honey. (Adjust to taste.)
3. Caramelize a ¼ c. of sweet onions in a hot cast-iron skillet using 1 Tbl. of butter and 1 tsp. of olive oil.
4. Stir in 2 c. diced strawberries, cooking 2-3 minutes more, just until the natural sugars start to come out of the berries, and they begin to caramelize.
5. Once everything is ready, assemble by spreading 1-2 Tbl. of mascarpone cheese mixture per slice, top with the caramelized strawberry and onion mixture, and drizzle with honey. Simple elegance for all to enjoy.