Smoked Mac & Cheese
1 cup Milk
2 cups Panko
1/2 cup butter
1/2 pound Bacon
12 oz. Velveeta
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup Sour Cream
16 oz. Elbow Macaroni
24 oz. Evaporated Milk
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 tablespoon White Sugar
16 oz. Colby Jack Cheese
8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt into a pot of boiling water and cook Elbow Macaroni for 8 minutes until tender.
2. Bring the smoker to 350 degrees and spray the large aluminum pan with cooking spray.
3. Pour hot macaroni into the pan and add 1/2 cup butter. (Stir until melted)
4. Whisk 24 oz. of evaporated milk, 3 eggs, and ½ cup of sour cream together in a large bowl.
5. Season milk mixture with 1 tablespoon of white sugar, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of salt. Mix well.
6. Sprinkle 16 oz. of Colby Jack, 12 oz. Velveeta, and 8 oz. of cheddar cheese over macaroni.
7. Pour the milk mixture on top.
1. Cook bacon until crispy and grind into small chips.
2. Combine bacon chips and panko together and sprinkle on top of the macaroni mixture.
3. Cook in the smoker at 350 degrees until lightly brown (30-35 minutes) with cherry or peach wood.