Smokin’ Gringo’s Grilled Wings
Wings are a staple at any Superbowl party. One of Royal Oak's BBQ Teams prepared this award-winning smoked wing recipe that can be perfectly tailored to the taste of your party needs.
5 lbs. Fresh Chicken Wings
1 Gallon of MOJO marinade or marinade of your choice
1 Bottle of squeezable butter of your choice
Dry Rub of your choice (used Let it Ride)
Pork and Poultry Rub of your choice (used Smokin’ Coals)
Sauce of your choice try: BBQ, Buffalo, Garlic Parmesan
Royal Oak Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Royal Oak All Natural Tumbleweeds
1. Buy fresh wings, tenderize meats with Jaccard
2. Marinate with MOJO marinade by Badia or marinade of your choice. Place in resealable storage bag, squeeze air out and marinate for 6 hours
3. Remove and rinse, arrange wings into the aluminum pan
4. Apply a coat of Let it Ride or favorite dry rub
5. Apply a coat of Smokin Coals Original or favorite pork and poultry
6. Let it sit for 45 minutes then add squeezable butter of your choice all around the pan and filling voids using ¾ of the bottle on 5lbs of wings.
7. Place a heavy layer of Royal Oak Briquettes, then top off with Royal Oak lump charcoal
8. Start fire with tumbleweeds in one corner until it reaches a target temperature of 275
9. Add 3 pecan wood chunks
10. Put wings in the smoker, and smoke for 40 minutes
11. After 20 minutes spin the pan and spray with butter.
12. Place wings on a wire rack and place back on the smoker for 8 minutes covered to set bark and firm skin.
13. Dip in the sauce of your choice, and place back onto the wire rack 14. Spray with apple juice and cover, cook for 7 minutes
15. Dip twice in the sauce of choice, place back on the smoker and add Royal Oak-Hickory Chips, spray with apple juice, cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
Courtesy of: Smoking Gringos BBQ Team