Spicy Peach Habanero Pulled Cornish Hen Sliders
Cornish hens are small in size, but can be big on taste. We'll show you the way to add some kick and some sweet to your baby chickens.
3 Cornish hens
Duck fat spray cooking oil (or olive oil)
Fergolicious Luv Red Hot Dry Rub
Kosmos Q BBQ Sauce Peach Habanero
Kosmos Q Wing Dust Nashville Hot Chicken
Sandwich buns or rolls
Royal Oak XL-Cut Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Royal Oak Tumbleweeds Firestarters
Pecan wood chunks
Cherry wood chunks
1. Prepare smoker or grill to 300° F by lighting Royal Oak XL Cut Lump charcoal using Royal Oak All-Natural Tumbleweeds. Optional: add pecan and cherry wood chunks.
2. Using butcher string, tie hen’s legs together, then tie wings together, holding them in place at the side body. Cut any excess string.
3. Evenly spray whole hen with duck fat spray cooking oil. Then, generously season with Fergolicious Luv Red Hot Dry Rub.
4. Use a hook to hang hen, so that legs are facing upward in smoker. Optional if not available: Straighten a metal clothes hanger and completely insert into cavity of hen, so that the hook is placed at lower part of hen. On the opposite side, carefully bend open clothes hanger to support hen while hanging.
5. Hang hens in smoker at 300° F for approximately 1 hour or until internal breast temperature reaches 165° F. Take the hens off and remove hooks (or hangers). Let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
6. Carve off leg quarters, wings and breast meat (avoiding breast bone). Using your fingers or the tines of two forks, gently pull meat into thin strips.
7. Drizzle Kosmos Q BBQ Sauce Peach Habanero and mix well. Option to sprinkle Kosmos Q Wing Dust Nashville Hot Chicken for additional flavor and heat.
8. To serve, place seasoned pulled hen on sandwich rolls and add desired toppings.
Courtesy of: Pitmaster Richard Fergola