St. Patrick’s Day Michelada
Kickstart St. Patrick's Day with a classic Michelada with a twist!
Grilled and Green Bloody Mary Mix
4 Large Green Tomatoes
½ bag spinach
2 stalks celery
2 Tbls Kosmos Q SPG
½ Cup Kosmos Q Brisket Mop
½ Cup Pickle Juice
1 Tbls Creamy Horseradish
1. Start by lighting the grill. I used a tumble weed and lit one charcoal chimney of Royal Oak Lump.
2. Cut your Tomatillos, 1 lemon, 4 limes, 1 Jalapeno in half and coat with oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic. And place them on the grill for direct cooking.
3. After everything is cooked and charred take them back inside and process them into juice, you can use either a juicer or a blender for a chunkier mix. Add all ingredients listed in the Grilled and Green Bloody Mary Mix into your juicer or blender and process into a liquid. If you can do this the day before its better.
4. Grill your shrimp and make a couple of kabobs with shrimp and cherry tomatoes. You can also grill another Jalapeno for garnish.
5. Fill Hurricane Glasses with Ice and fill halfway with the beer of your choice, being St. Patrick’s Day I used Harp Irish Lager. Add some of your garnish in and then fill the glass with your Grilled and Green Bloody Mary Mix. Give it a mix with your bar spoon, finish garnishing and enjoy!
Courtesy of: Rick Schultz of Cocktails & Q