St. Patrick’s Day Shepherd’s Pie Burgers!
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a classic! Shepherd's pie meets burger in this festive recipe.
Bun (Potato Cake – 8)
3 Cups Mashed Potatos
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Scallions
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
1lb Ground Beef (for these we used ground corned beef!)
½ Cup Frozen Peas & Carrots (Thawed)
¼ Cup Frozen Corn (Thawed)
½ Cup Breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and Pepper
Kerrygold Dubliner Irish Cheese
- Mix all ingredients for buns together and form into 8 patties about ½” thick, about 4” in diameter.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients for burgers together and form into 4 patties about 1” thick.
3. Using your favorite Royal Oak Charcoal, cook the burgers to desired doneness – These were done to 145-150F.
4. When flipping the burgers, add the ‘buns’ to the grill, turning frequently to prevent burning
5. When the burgers are close to your required temperature, add the cheese and the bacon.
6. Let the burgers rest for a few minutes before putting between two of the ‘buns’.