The BBQ Ninja’s Thanksgiving Smoked Butterscotch Pecan Pie
This makes 1 frozen pie crust and 6 mini gram cracker pie crusts:
- 2- 3.5 oz butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo light syrup
- ½ cup corn starch
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 ½ cup of salted toasted pecans
Equipment & Fuel
- Heat drum smoker to 350-375 degrees.
- Combine wet ingredients in one bowl and mix. In another bowl combine dry ingredients and mix well. Then combine the two.
- Cover the bottom of the pie crust with the pecans and add mixture to cover the pecans.
- Cook small pies for 30 minutes and the large pie for 1 hour.
- Cool and enjoy! Serve with vanilla ice cream before serving.