The BBQ Ninja’s Thanksgiving Yeast Rolls
- 1 cup water (lukewarm)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3-3 1/2 cups flour
Equipment & Fuel
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Add the sugar, oil, egg, salt, and half of the flour and mix until just combined.
- Add one more cup of flour and mix until the flour is combined again.
- Add between 1/2 of a cup to 1 whole cup of the remaining flour as needed until the dough comes together and is soft but not gooey.
- Spray the top with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow to rise in a warm place for one hour or until doubled.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 4 or 5 times until the dough is slightly smooth.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pinch off balls of dough about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place two in each muffin tin side by side.
- Allow to rise about one hour more until doubled again.
- Smoke at 400 for 12-15 minutes and brush melted butter when removed from the smoker. Enjoy!