The Spinnaker Cocktail
Grilled Sweet and Sour Mix
½ cup juice from grilled limes
½ cup juice from grilled lemons
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
1 cap full of vodka
2 ounces Grilled Sweet and Sour Mix
1.5 ounces Jameson Irish Whiskey
1 ounce Solerno blood orange liqueur
½ ounce agave syrup
¼ ounce blue curacao
- Start by lighting the grill.
- Take 3 lemons and cut them in half and leave 3 lemons whole. Repeat this process for the limes. Depending on how much you want to make you may need more or less lemons and limes.
- When your fire is hot place the fruit over the direct coals to get good sear marks.
- Once the fruit is cooked to your liking remove it from the heat and place into a bowl or platter.
- Make a quick simple syrup by combining the water and sugar in a pot and cooking it on low until the sugar is fully dissolved. Once all the sugar is dissolved remove from the heat and let it cool down.
- Juice the lemons and limes into a container until you have ½ cup of each
- Combine the simple syrup, lemon juice, lime juice, and a cap full of vodka to a container and keep in the fridge until you are ready to use. The vodka is there to let you keep it longer.
- You now have your own sweet and sour mix that can be used for anything that needs sweet and sour and is much better and fresher than anything you can find at the store.
- For our cocktail we are going to combine all the ingredients into a shaker with some ice and shake it until chilled.
- Strain it over ice into the glass of your choice, garnish with lime and enjoy.