Bacon Burnt Ends
Is there anything better than bacon? If you can find an unsliced cut of bacon, we can help you turn it into candy...bacon candy.
2 packages (4 pounds) unsliced slab bacon
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
18 ounces Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
6 ounces Kosmos Q Cherry Apple Habanero Rib Glaze
Canola cooking spray
Royal Oak Lump Charcoal
Cherry wood chunks
1. Prepare smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 250° F by lighting Royal Oak Lump charcoal. Optional: add cherry wood chunks.
2. Remove bacon from packaging and cut into 1 1/2 inch strips lengthwise. Cut each strip into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
3. Mix light brown sugar and Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub in a small bowl. Place the cubes of bacon in a large bowl and pour mixture over bacon. Toss to coat evenly.
4. Lightly coat raised cooling rack with canola cooking spray and place bacon burnt end pieces on the rack. Use multiple racks if necessary.
5. Place the racks on the smoker and cook for 1 hour. Flip each burnt end piece over and continue to cook for 1 additional hour.
6. Mix Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce and Kosmos Q Cherry Apple Habanero Rib Glaze. Remove the bacon burnt ends from the smoker and place each piece in a half size aluminum pan. Drizzle the sauce over the top and gently toss to coat evenly.
7. Place the pan back on the smoker and glaze for 20 to 30 minutes, then remove the pan from the smoker and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Courtesy of: Pitmaster Malcom Reed