The BBQ Ninja’s Chicken Fried Duck Breast
4 skinless (1 1/2 pounds) duck breast, cut into strips
8 Thai eggplants, sliced
2 to 3 eggs, whisked
2 cups self-rising flour
Ubons Family Dry Rub Seasoning
4 to 6 cups vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups water
1/2 cup ice
Royal Oak Hardwood Lump Charcoal
Comeback Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Ubons BBQ Sauce
1. Soak sliced eggplant in salt water for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Prepare grill or smoker to 500° F using Royal Oak Lump charcoal. Once coals reach desired temperature, place a cast iron skillet directly on the coals and fill with vegetable oil.
3. Dip each eggplant in the egg wash, then dredge in the flour and tap off excess. Place the eggplant slices in the hot oil for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side until golden and crisp.
4. Season duck strips with Ubons Family Dry Rub. Dip each strip in the egg wash, then dredge in the flour and tap off excess. Place the strips in the hot oil for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes per side until golden and crisp.
5. For the Comeback Dipping Sauce: mix mayonnaise, Ubons BBQ sauce and a sprinkle of the dry rub.
6. To serve, arrange the duck and eggplant onto a warm plate and place sauce in a bowl for dipping.