This classic recipe will quickly become your go-to method for grilling legs, wings, thighs, and breasts. Get your BBQ mop ready, because we're going to teach you how to caramelize like a pro.
1 cup Barbecue Chicken Rub
1/2 cup Killer Hogs The AP Rub (or blend of kosher salt, pepper and garlic)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon granulated onion
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 gallon BBQ Chicken Mop
32 ounces water
16 ounces zesty Italian dressing
8 ounces BBQ sauce
1/2 cup of BBQ rub
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
18 ounces Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce (or favorite BBQ sauce)
18 ounces Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
1. Prepare smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 275° F by lighting Royal Oak Lump charcoal using Royal Oak All-Natural Tumbleweeds. Optional: add oak wood chunks.
2. Season the outside of each piece of chicken with Barbecue Chicken Rub (or your favorite rub).
3. Place the chicken on the smoker and cook until the internal temperature in the breast reach 155° F. Turning and basting with the BBQ Chicken Mop every 30 minutes.
4. Pour Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce and Vinegar Sauce into a small aluminum pan and place on smoker to warm. Once the internal temperature in the breast hit 165° F start brushing the sauce on both sides and continue flipping the chicken every 15 to 30 minutes until the sauce caramelizes on the outside and the internal temperature reach a minimum of 165° F in the white meat and 175° F in the dark meat.
5. Remove the BBQ chicken from the smoker and serve.
Courtesy of: Pitmaster Malcom Reed