Bison Meatloaf on the Grill
Check out this smoked spin on a dinner classic by Chef Mike Johnson.
1 tbs vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic(minced)
1/2 cup assorted roasted peppers
1/2 cup roasted mushrooms
1 cup Grapenuts
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp horseradish
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tbs scallions
3 ground bison
1/2 pound beef bacon
- Preheat smoker to 300 degrees. In bowl mix eggs, Grapenuts, Worcestershire, milk, and horseradish.
- Chop mushrooms, peppers, and mix remaining ingredients except bacon. Add egg/grapenuts mixture.
- Line 2 loaf pans with plastic wrap and fill each with the mixture. Line perforated pan with beef bacon and flip meatloaf onto the bacon.
- Place meatloaves in smoker and smoke until reaches 160 degrees, internal temp. Brush with bbq sauce and smoke additional 5 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes and serve.
Courtesy of: Chef Mike Johnson