Brown Sugar Bourbon Chicken Skewers
2lbs boneless skinless Chicken thighs
1 package McCormick Brown Sugar Bourbon grilling marinade
10–12 wooden skewers
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup turbinado sugar in the raw
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 cup Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze
- Trim excess fat from chicken thighs and cut each thigh into 2” strips.
- Place two strips of thigh meat on each skewer and arrange on a platter or shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over the top and rotate each skewer so all of the chicken is covered in the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare charcoal grill for 2 zone cooking (hot side and cool side).
- Combine the brown sugar, turbinado, and cayenne is dredge shaker and sprinkle over the top of the skewers.
- Place the skewers on the hot side of the grill to sear. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until the outside starts to char.
- Move the skewers to the cool side and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 165-170°F.
- Brush each skewer with Captain Rodney’s Boucan glaze and move them over to the hot side of the grill for a final sear to caramelize the glaze.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce for dipping.