The BBQ Ninja’s Thanksgiving Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup bourbon (or water)
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons white corn meal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ pound mascarpone cheese (room temp)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Equipment & Fuel
- Get your grill/drum smoker ready with Royal Oak Lump.
- Let your pie crust defrost for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle pecans and chocolate morsels evenly on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Stir together corn syrup and next three ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir constantly for three minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs and next three ingredients.
- Gradually whisk the hot corn syrup mixture into the egg mixture. Whisk until well mixed and pour into prepared pie crust.
- Cook on your grill at 325 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until set.
- Let pie cool. Top with your favorite topping such as homemade whipped cream or ice cream.
- Add all ingredients to a medium size bowl.
- Mix with hand mixer on low speed 30-60 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium and mix until thick and forms peaks.
- Add to pie. Enjoy!