Christmas Prime Rib Kebabs
Cap of ribeye, (about 1.5lbs)
Small Brussel Sprouts
Small Gold Potatoes
1. Break down the roast into individual ribeye steaks, about 1¼ inches thick.
2. On six of the ribeye steaks, remove the“cap” or deckle and reserve the round loin or “eye” for future use.
3. Remove the excess fat and cut each strip into 1” cubes.
4. Soak the skewers in water while you are trimming.
5. For veggies, take brussel sprouts, small potatoes, pearl onions, and cherry tomatoes, clean, and rinse.
6. You may want to cut the potatoes in half so that all the vegetables will be smaller than the cubes of meat.
7. Toss the veggies lightly in olive oil, then season generously with your salt, pepper, and garlic rub (or SPG).
8. Arrange all but the cherry tomatoes on a cookie sheet, scatter some fresh rosemary, and par-cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
9. Arrange“like foods” with similar cooking times, such as all the beef on one stick, and veggies on the other.
10. Lightly coat the cubes of meat with olive oil and generously season with your SPG rub.
11. Assemble the kebabs starting with the brussels on the bottom and have a cube of meat between each.
12. Save the cherry tomatoes for cooking separately.
13. Place the completed kebabs on a grill of medium-high heat, using Royal Oak Charcoal.
14. Cook the meat to your desired doneness and brush on the melted compound butter as you turn them, ¼ turn each time for even cooking.
15. Once the kebobs are done, place the cherry tomatoes directly on the grill surface and cook until they start to get soft.
16. Pull them before they fall apart.
17. In, or on a holiday-themed dish, spoon out 6 cups of mashed potatoes to form a “base” for the tree, or for the skewers to rest.
18. Arrange the skewers into a tree form and use the pineapple as a “topper” for your tree as it will hold the skewers upright.
19. Once your tree is assembled, gently spoon the grilled cherry tomatoes along the base or on top of the mashed potatoes.
20. Have each of your guests select and hold onto their skewer as you remove the topper and enjoy!
Happy Holidays from Royal Oak Charcoal and Wolf’s Revenge BBQ!