Christmas Sopapilla Cheesecake
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
(2) 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(2) 8-ounce tubes refrigerated crescent roll sheets (if you can’t find the seamless dough sheets, use the
perforated crescent rolls)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup honey
1. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 of the sugar with the cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
3. Add in the remaining 1 cup of sugar, the egg, and vanilla; beat to combine. Set aside.
4. Unroll the tubes of crescent roll dough sheets; gently press one of them into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. (If using perforated crescent roll d
ough, pinch the seams together to seal completely.)
5. Using a spatula, evenly spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the dough, then cover it with the other roll of crescent dough.
6. Brush the top all over with the melted butter, then sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over to cover.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown and appears set when gently shaken.
8. Remove from oven and drizzle evenly with the honey.
9. Cool for at least 1 hour in the pan. Chill overnight (which makes slicing it way easier), and then bring it to room temperature (or rewarm) before cutting it into 12 bars. Or serve individually.
10. Enjoy y’all.