Fail Proof Crispy Wings
2 lbs Chicken Wings
DB180 Grill All
DB180 Beef Brine
32 Ounces Chicken Stock
Wing Sauce of Choice
1. For whole wings, separate the flat and drumette by cutting in between the joint separating the two sections. Cut and dispose of the wing tips. Alternatively, you can use pre-separated wings.
2. Mix Chicken Stock and 2 Scoops of DB180 Beef Brine to create brine. Fully submerge wings in brine for 3 hours.
3. Remove wings from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. Season all sides with a light coat of DB180 Grill All.
4. Best Method = Weber Kettle Grill + Vortex + Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes.
Place the Vortex in the Weber Kettle and fill a chimney with charcoal. Place 2 Royal Oak Tumbleweed Fire Starters on the grate and light them. Place the charcoal chimney on top. Once the coals are white, dump the chimney in the center of the Vortex and place the grate over it.
Place wings in a circular pattern around the vortex, close the lid, and rotate 45° until the internal temp of wings reaches 175°F.
If you don’t have a Weber Kettle and Vortex, set grill or smoker up for indirect cooking at 400°. Place wings on the smoker and cook until internal temperature reaches 175°F. Cooking at high heat ensures the fat underneath the skin can render and the skin will be crisp.
5. Remove from grill or smoker once internal temp is 175° and serve immediately. For extra flavor, toss in your favorite wing sauce just before serving.