Grilled Bananas with Ice Cream and Caramel
This is a very quick and easy dessert that will leave you wondering why you just didn’t make more and have only this for dinner!
6 medium, firm, unpeeled bananas
¼ cup/60 ml melted butter
1 tsp/5 ml cinnamon, plus more for serving
1 bottle caramel sauce, 8–12 oz/240–350 g
1 pt/475 ml of vanilla ice cream
- Set up your grill for direct cooking. Use Royal Oak lump charcoal or briquettes for this recipe. Remember to spread the charcoal out evenly to prevent hot spots. You’ll be looking for a dome temperature of 400°F/204°C. Make the proper vent adjustments to reach your desired dome temperature.
- Slice the bananas in half, the long way, keeping the peel on.
- Brush the freshly cut side with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place the bananas on the cooking grate directly over the hot coals cut-side down and cook for 3–4 minutes, until they are tender.
- Remove from grill, gently peel and lay on plate, cut-side up.
- Drizzle with caramel, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and lightly sprinkle with more cinnamon
Courtesy of: Royal Oak BBQ Team Smokin’ Hoggz