Grilled Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini
Cap your night off with a deliciously-sweet Grilled Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini by Rick Schultz of Cocktails & Q.
Grilled Strawberry Syrup
1 pound fresh strawberries – with top removed
1 ½ cup cold water
1 1/8 cup sugar
4 oz bittersweet chocolate
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 oz Strawberry Vodka
6 oz Tippy Cow Chocolate Shake
4 oz Chocolate Whipped Vodka
2 oz Chocolate Syrup
1. Take 1 pound of strawberries with stems and leave removed, toss strawberries into the sugar until they are lightly coated.
2. Use a tumbleweed and one chimney of Royal Oak Charcoal. After the charcoal is ready, set up your grill for 2-zone grilling.
3. Start by grilling the strawberries, this adds a nice extra layer of caramel flavor to your syrup that you can only get by grilling over charcoal. Once your strawberries have some caramelization, transfer them to a cutting board and cut into smaller sections
4. Place your strawberries in a pan with 1 ½ cups of cold water.
5. Place the pan on your grill over the hot side of your grill and bring it to a boil, once you have reached a boil move the pan over towards the cooler side of the grill so the mixture simmers. Simmer for 15 minutes to really pull the flavor out of the strawberries.
6. After 15 minutes pour the strawberries mixture through a strainer into another pot. Don’t push down on the strawberries to avoid your syrup getting cloudy. Add your sugar into the pot and stir it to dissolve the sugar, place the pot back over your coals and bring your syrup back to a good simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Cool your strawberry syrup and it will be ready to use.
8. Start by chopping 4 oz (1 bar) of bittersweet chocolate, or the chocolate of your choice, into a glass bowl.
9. Pour 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream into a pot and heat it over your hot coals to bring it to a very gentle simmer. When your cream is hot, pour it over your chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and has a creamy glossy look.
10. Get two martini glasses and dip them into your chocolate ganache to rim two glasses
11. Take 1 oz of Strawberry Vodka and 4 oz of Grilled Strawberry syrup in a shaker with ice and chill. Strain and Pour into the bottom of your rimmed martini glasses.
12. Combine your Tippy Cow, Chocolate Whipped Vodka, chocolate syrup in a shaker with ice and chill. To layer this over your strawberry take a good size spoon and pour the strained mixture over the back of the spoon sitting on top of the strawberry.
13. Garnish with Chocolate Covered Strawberries and enjoy!
Courtesy of: Rick Schultz of Cocktails & Q