Heath Riles Grilled Ribeye Steak Sandwich
Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub
Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub
Heath Riles BBQ Everyday Rub
Thick Cut Ribeye Steak
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
Splash of bourbon
1 tablespoon of Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub
1. Get your grill up to the temperature of approximately 350-400º. Place a cast-iron skillet on your grill to heat up. This will be for the bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions.
2. Chop your bell peppers and onions.
3. Coat each side of your ribeye in olive oil. Season each side with Heath Riles BBQ Everyday and Beef Rubs.
4. Allow your ribeyes to rest and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
5. While your steaks are resting, mix 1/2 cup of mayo, a splash of bourbon, and Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub to create your Bourbon Mayo. Place mayo mixture in the fridge until it’s ready to be spread on your sandwich.
6. Allow 1.5 – 2 tablespoons of butter to melt on the cast iron skillet before placing your bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms on the grill. Add Heath Riles BBQ Beef Rub and 1.5 – 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce on top of your vegetables. Toss the vegetables that are on your cast iron skillet and sautée them. Cook until they reach desired doneness.
7. Place ribeyes on the grill. Flip steaks every 2 minutes. Take them off the grill after about 10-12 minutes or when they reach an internal temperature of 125º. This will result in a medium-rare steak. You can cook your steak longer for it to reach your desired doneness.
8. Allow your steaks to rest for about 10-15 minutes.
9. While your steaks rest, begin assembling your sandwich. Slice your hoagie roll, toast it, and then spread your bourbon mayo on the roll. Place provolone cheese and sauteed vegetables on the roll.
10. Thinly slice your steak and place it on the roll.
11. Place more provolone cheese on top of your sandwich, if you’d like, and sprinkle on a little Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Butter Rub.
12. Place your steak sandwiches back on your grill for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.