Heath Riles Pepper Jack Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Brats
Uncooked Bratwurst Links
Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks
Uncooked Bacon Strips
Heath Riles BBQ Sweet Rub
Heath Riles Sweet BBQ Sauce
1. Fire up the grill to 350℉-375℉.
2. Stuff the brats. Slice the bratwurst lengthwise and use your fingers to create a pocket shape, perfect for holding cheese! Placed the pepper jack cheese stick in each brat and mold the meat around it.
3. Wrap brats with bacon. One piece of bacon is rarely sufficient, so be prepared to use at least two slices per brat. To finish the brats, add a good layer of Heath Riles BBQ Sweet Rub, rotating the meat to coat it evenly.
4. Start smoking. Once the grill is up to temp, lay the meat directly on the cool zone of the fire for at least 30 minutes. Move the brats to the hot zone of the fire so the bacon can crisp. Be mindful of this step, as crisping the bacon will take just a few minutes. Last, move the meat back to the cool zone for another 15 minutes.
5. Glaze and finish. Once the brats are golden, glaze them with Heath Riles Sweet BBQ Sauce. Let the Pepper Jack Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Glazed Brats grill for another 15-20 minutes, so the sauce can tack up.
6. Build the dogs. Spread a thin layer of mustard on the brat’s bun. Then, lay the Pepper Jack Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Glazed Brats on top. Enjoy!