Heath Riles Quesadillas
Boneless chicken breasts
Sliced peppers and onions
Shredded Cheese (We used a Mexican cheese blend)
10″ flour tortillas
Heath Riles BBQ Chicken Rub
Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeno Rub
1. Get your grill up to 450-500º.
2. Filet your chicken breasts and slice up your peppers and onions.
3. Coat both sides of your chicken breasts in olive oil. Season both sides of your chicken breast with Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeno and Chicken Rubs.
4. Place a cast-iron skillet on your grill. Place olive oil on your skillet and allow it to heat up. Put your sliced peppers and onions on your skillet and sautée your vegetables for about 4-6 minutes, or until they reached the desired doneness.
5. Spray your grill grates with canola oil and place your chicken breasts on your grill. Cook on each side for 3.5-4 minutes, or until your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160º, and pull it off the grill.
6. Slice up your chicken breasts and build your quesadilla however you’d like. We used Mexican blend shredded cheese, our sautéed peppers and onions, and our sliced-up chicken breasts and placed them on our tortillas.
7. Place your quesadillas back on your cast iron skillet on your grill to melt the cheese and brown up the tortillas.
8. Take your quesadillas off the grill once the cheese has melted.