Maryland Crab “Smoke Bombs”
2 lbs. Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
2 sticks of Salted Butter
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
2 tsp. White Vinegar
1 tbs. Old Bay Seasoning
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Parsley Flakes (garnish)
Royal Oak Charcoal
1 small Chunk of Cherry Wood
1. Mix Old Bay Seasoning with Crab Meat several hours before serving. Be careful not to break the lumps of crab meat. Place in Refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
2. Melt butter and mix with white vinegar.
3. In a bowl mix the crab meat with mayonnaise, panko, then season with a little salt and pepper.
4. Using your hands, being careful not to break up the lumps, make 4 (1/2 lb) tennis ball sized balls of the crab mixture and place them in individual heat proof ramekins.
5. Pour the melted butter/vinegar mixture over the crab meat in each ramekin.
6. Light your Smoker with Royal Oak Charcoal using Royal Oak Tumbleweeds. Bring Smoker up to 350F. Use 1 small stick/chunk of Cherry Wood for smoke (Note: Does not take much smoke to reach the desired level of smokiness).
7. Cook Smoke Bombs in smoker at 350F for 15 minutes or until you reach a golden brown color and butter is bubbling.
8. Garnish the tops with parsley flakes.
1. Jumbo Lump Crab Meat produces the best results. It will give more of a surface area to attract more smoke.
2. A little wood goes a long ways for smoke. Don’t overdo it.
3. Feel free to adjust the amount of Old Bay Seasoning for more Maryland Flavor!