Christmas Oreo Crusted Sweet Potatoes
3 Sweet Potatoes
¼ Cup of Butter
¾ Cup of Brown Sugar
½ Teaspoon of Nutmeg
1 ½ Teaspoon of Cinnamon
6 Oreo Cookies
1. Preheat the smoker or oven to 400 Degrees.
2. Slice the Sweet Potatoes into about 1/4-inch slices, and then put them into a pan.
3. Pour ¾ cup of brown sugar on top of them, followed by ¼ cup of butter.
4. Take your hands and toss the ingredients around in the pan until the sweet potatoes are coated evenly.
5. Spread the sweet potatoes in the pan and sprinkle them with 1 ½ Teaspoon of cinnamon, followed by ½ a teaspoon of nutmeg.
6. Place the pan on the grill for 25 minutes.
7. While the pan is on the grill, take the 6 Oreo cookies and place them in a ziplock bag and crush them into small pieces.
8. After 25 minutes, remove the pan and top the sweet potatoes with the crushed Oreos.
9. Place pan back into the grill for 20 minutes.
10. After 20 minutes, remove and enjoy!
P.S. A scoop of vanilla ice cream complements this dish very well as a dessert!