Oxtail with Vegetables and Rice
1 tsp Thyme
2 Basil Leaves
1 C Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbl Soy Sauce
2 garlic cloves crushed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 C Sherry Cooking Wine
1/8 C Olive Oil
3 C Beef Stock
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Bell Peppers sliced in strips
1 White onion coarsely chopped
1 C Broccoli florets
1 C Lima beans
1 Tbs Olive oil
Salt/pepper to taste
2 Tbs Butter
1. Add marinade and oxtail pieces in batches in a ziplock bag, massaging thoroughly to get all pieces covered.
2. Place each in a foil pan and cover. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
3. Add Royal Oak briquettes or lump charcoal along with your wood of choice.
4. Bring smoker to 275-300°
5. Place oxtails on the rack leaving space in between each piece.
6. Turn every 30 minutes to ensure even coloring on all sides.
7. Smoke on the rack for 2 hours.
8. After 2 hours transfer to a foil pan with braising liquid and leave uncovered.
9. Continue smoking for 2 hours until meat is a tender chew but not falling off the bone, flipping halfway through.
10. Toward the end of cooking, prepare vegetables with olive oil and butter in a saucepan until tender and warm.
11. Prepare rice according to the package.
12. Once done transfer oxtails to a bed of rice and serve with lima beans, sautéed peppers, onions, and broccoli over the top if desired.
13. Cover all with partial remaining broth from the pan.