Seared Shinnecock Chanel Canal Scallop
Shinnecock Chanel Canal Scallops
Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Black Prince Tomatoes
Method of Preparation (Scallops)
- Drizzle a small amount of canola oil in a cast iron skillet and place on grill to heat up.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper onto each side of scallop and lightly coat in Tuscan Olive Oil.
- Place Scallops in hot skillet. Drizzle Olive Oil onto lemons and place them cut side down, directly on grill. Close grill.
- Once Scallops have caramelized on the bottom, flip them and remove from heat.
- Serve Scallops with Arugula and Black Prince Tomato Salad. Squeeze charred lemon over Scallops upon serving.
Method of Preparation (Salad)
- Slice tomatoes into half and quarters.
- In a bowl, combine a touch of Tuscan Olive Oil with tomatoes, arugula, salt and pepper. Toss until full coated.