Smoked Blooming Caramel Apples
- 6 apples
- 8 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups Caramel Bits
- Cooking spray
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel, for drizzling
Equipment & Fuel
- Preheat pellet smoker to 375 and grease pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, which together melted butter, sugars, and cinnamon until combined
- Slice off the top of each apple and use either an apple corer or melon baller to scoop out core and seeds.
- Using a paring knife, make circular cuts in apple. Then place cut side down on a cutting board and cut down around entire apple careful not to cut through the core.
- Place cut apples in prepared dish. Fill each apple with Caramel bits until full. Then brush melted butter mixture on top of each apple, coating as much as possible.
- Bake until the apples are tender or about 35 minutes.
- Serve apples warm with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with caramel.