Sticky Asian Salmon on a Stick
Fresh salmon cut into 1-inch cubes
Pineapple slices cut into ½-inch thick wedges
Sweet seedless red peppers sliced into squares
Wooden bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water
- 3tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2tbsp hot southern honey
- 2tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1tbsp each soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and red chili oil
- 1tsp Asian 5 spice
- 1tsp each crushed garlic cloves and fresh ginger
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine.
2. Place your salmon cubes into a plastic bag and add the marinade mixture.
3. Remove the excess air from the bag and allow the salmon to marinate in your refrigerator for at least an hour.
4. To build your skewers, alternate your ingredients for a colorful presentation.
5. Save the marinade mixture to brush on the skewers while cooking.
6. Prepare your grill and use non-stick grilling spray to keep your salmon and pineapple skewers from sticking to the grates.
7. Place your skewers over direct medium heat from Royal Oak Charcoal, turning every few minutes, and brush with the remaining marinade.
8. Once cooked, remove the kabobs from the heat and apply a generous dash of sesame seeds.
(Do not overcook your salmon and serve the skewers over a bed of rice.)
This recipe works great for scallops too!