Strawberry Lava Cake
1 strawberry cake mix
1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
1 cup water
3 Tbsps. melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
3 Tbsps. Melted butter
1 cup diced strawberries
1/4 cup sugar (depending on your taste you can add more or less)
2 Tbsps. Strawberry Jell-O
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsps. whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
Mix well until all clumps are gone and the mixture is silky smooth.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 Tbsps. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
20 golden Oreos
1/2 package of strawberry Jell-0, 3 oz box
1/4 cup melted butter
1. Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Pour 1/2 to 3/4 into your bunt or donut pan.
1. Mix brown sugar and flour together, slowly adding in the melted butter until combined. The mixture should be crumbly.
2. Sprinkle about a tablespoon on top of the cake mixture.
3. Bake on 350 for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Remove from smoker and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
(The cake mixture will have risen or even overflowed a bit (that’s ok) and formed a well when flipped upside down. Trim off any excess mixture from the sides but don’t touch the bottom.)
5. While that is cooling you can make your glaze topping, strawberry filling, cool whip, and cookie crumble.
1. Mix in a saucepan over medium heat allowing the strawberries to render down into a jam-like constituency. Allow to cool and thicken up
1. Mix well until all clumps are gone and the mixture is silky smooth.
1. Mix all ingredients together with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks have formed. Transfer to a piping bag. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
1. Place your Oreos in a food processor and break them down into small crumbles.
2. Add in the Jell-0 and butter.
3. Mix well together and place flat on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
4. Allow to cool and then crumble.
(This can be made ahead of time and stored for up to 3 days in an airtight container.)
1. Drizzle glaze over the top of cakes in a back-and-forth motion not covering 100% of the cake.
2. Spoon 2 Tbsps. of the strawberry mixture into hollow cakes.
3. Swirl cool whip on top of cakes covering the strawberry jam.
4. Top with cookie crumble.