Sweet Potato Steak Bowl
1 Large Green Bell Pepper
1 Medium Sweet Yellow Onion
2 Sweet Potatoes (1 Large and 1 small)
1 Pabalno Pepper
½ Bunch of Cilantro
3 Large Eggs
1 lb- 1 ½ lb Skirt Steak (or your favorite cost-effective steak)
1 ½ cup Jasmine Rice
Fire Dancer’s SOB PG (or your favorite all-purpose seasoning)
Sriracha Sauce (optional)
Hidden Valley’s Spicy Mayo
1. Chop Bell Pepper, Onion, and Pablano to 1 in. pieces
2. Chop potatoes (leaving skins) 2 in. pieces
3. Finely Chop Cilantro including stems (for sprinkling)
1. Light your grill using Royal Oak’s Tumble Weeds and Lump Charcoal
2. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F
3. Season both sides of steak with Fire Dancer’s SOB PG and let rest for 20 min
4. Cook rice as per directions on the package and let rest. Approximately 10 min
5. Place Peppers, Onion, and Sweet potato on a foil-lined cooking sheet, lightly cover with olive oil, and season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic seasonings, and place in the oven for 25 mins or until sweet potatoes are soft.
6. Check the temperature on the grill, once reaches 500 degrees, place steak on the grill, flip in 8-10 min, and remove when reaches an internal temp of 135 degrees or medium-rare.
7. Remove Steak from Grill and let rest at room temperature for 5-10min.
8. Slice steak into thin slices.
9. Build your bowl layering, rice, veggies, and steak
10. Fry your egg over easy or sunny side up (your preference)
11. Top bowl with egg, sprinkle cilantro, sriracha sauce (optional), and spicy mayo
This recipe is full of flavor with ingredients easily found in most pantries. You can easily adjust flavors by modifying seasonings on both veggies and steak!