Texas Style Spare Ribs by Heath Riles
Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeno Rub
2 slabs of spare ribs
Salt, pepper (50/50 blend)
Apple cider vinegar for spritz (3 parts)
Hot sauce for spritz (1 part)
Worcestershire sauce for spritz (1 part)
1. Light the smoker of your choice and allow it to come to a temperature of approximately 300-325º while you prepare your ribs.
2. Remove ribs from the pack, dry off, and trim if you wish.
3. Coat ribs in mayo, or a binder of your choice.
4. Coat ribs with Heath Riles BBQ Garlic Jalapeno Rub.
5. Coat ribs with salt and pepper (50/50 blend) and pat into the ribs.
6. Flip ribs and repeat steps 3-5
7. Allow ribs to “sweat”
8. Place ribs unwrapped on the smoker (temp is 325º) and cook for 1 hour.
9. Spritz after cooking for 1 hour and each hour after that.
10. Total cook time 3 hours, 40 minutes.
11. Take ribs off your smoker and let them rest.