Thanksgiving Grilled Turkey Wellington
- 1 turkey breast
- 1 box puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup cranberry jelly
- 3lbs crimini mushrooms
- 1 stick of butter
- 8oz pecan halves
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 lbs bulk loose packed sweet Italian sausage
- 1 box stuffing
- 6 sage leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Equipment & Fuel
- Dice mushrooms into 1/4″ cubes and Sautee in butter.
- Chop the pecans, add them into the skillet to toast.
- Mince garlic and onion, add to skillet.
- Start browning the sausage in a skillet while breaking into small pieces.
- Add stuffing mix along with water.
- Finish with chopped sage, rosemary and pumpkin pie spice, stir.
- Cut the turkey breast accordingly to fit your puff pastry.
- Grill turkey to 135 degrees over royal oak charcoal.
- Slather the turkey with cranberry jelly when still warm.
- Lay out puff pastry sheet, spread stuffing mix in a thin layer leaving a 1-inch border empty.
- Place grilled turkey on top and roll up sealing the ends together.
- Score the top of the wellington with slash marks to let steam out.
- Brush with a beaten egg, finish with pretzel salt.
- Roast at 400 degrees over royal oak charcoal until golden brown.