Thanksgiving Smoked Turkey
- 12-14 lb Turkey
- 2 gallons of water
- 4 cups of Smoky Okie’s The Solution
- ½ cup of Smoky Okie’s The Solution
- 1 bottle of water
- Smoky Okie’s Rooster Booster
- SDQ Hot rub
- Duck Fat Spray
- 2 parts Man Meat BBQ Sweet and Smoky
- 2 parts Blue’s Hog Original
- 1 part Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle
Equipment & Fuel
- Mix and heat the brine ingredients to fully dissolve the mixture.
- Cool brine completely before placing turkey in brine.
- Brine the turkey for 24 hours, keeping fully submerged.
- Combine ingredients and inject into all parts of the bird, focusing on the breast.
- Cook on drum with heat deflector in at 275 degrees for 3- 3.5 hours until the breast meat hits 165 and the dark meat hits 180. If the breast starts to take on too much color, cover with foil to finish the cooking process.
- Rotate a quarter spin every 30 minutes to make sure to cook evenly.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, glaze bird with glaze and allow it to set on the turkey.
- Once cooking is finished, tent with foil, and let rest for 30 minutes before carving.