Thanksgiving Smoked Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes (cubed)
- 1 (12oz) can of evaporated milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 frozen uncooked pie crust (9in)
Equipment & Fuel
- Light Royal Oak lump charcoal in drum smoker and bring up to 350 degrees.
- Skin and cube sweet potatoes into 2-inch cubes.
- Place on the smoker for about 30 minutes to get a good smoke flavor.
- Then put cubed potatoes in an iron skillet adding butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and cover with foil.
- Place back on the drum smoker for 1 to 2 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Take off and blend mixture adding in the eggs and evaporated milk and place into pie crust.
- Put back on the drum smoker for 45 minutes. Take off and ENJOY!