Thanksgiving Texas Style Smoked Turkey Breast
4lb Boneless Turkey Breast
2 Tablespoons Salt & Pepper (2 parts Coarse Black Pepper to 1 part Kosher Salt)
1 Stick Butter
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275 degrees using Post Oak wood for fuel and smoke flavor.
- Remove the skin from the turkey breast and trim away excess fat.
- Season with salt and pepper mixture.
- Place the turkey breast on the pit and smoke for 2 hours.
- Cut the stick of butter into pieces. Place half the butter on a double layer of aluminum foil and set the turkey breast top-side down on the butter. Place remaining butter on top and wrap the foil around.
- Set the turkey back on the pit and insert a probe thermometer.
- Continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 162 degrees.
- Remove the turkey breast from the pit and rest for 20-30 minutes before slicing.