Leslie Scott’s Pork Pot Roast
1 pork butt (bone-in or out)
1 stick butter
1 jar pepperoncini peppers
1 carton of beef broth
2 lbs. small red potatoes
1. Trim a pork butt, removing most of the fat cap and any unsavory bits.
2. With a knife, poke holes in the roast and push in whole cloves of garlic and rosemary.
3. Season with your favorite dry rub.
4. Place a cast-iron Dutch oven over hot coals and allow to heat.
5. Sear each side of the pork butt until brown.
6. Add 1 stick of butter, 1 jar of pepperoncini peppers (juice included), and 1 carton of beef stock and put on lid. Allow to cook for 3 hours and add potatoes to cook in liquid/fat.
7. When potatoes are done remove and season. These make great mashed potatoes. The roast should be tender and pulled apart with forks. Enjoy!