Leslie Scott’s Sweet and Sour Eggplant with Ginger
2 eggplantsSoy sauce Rice wine vinegar Ginger paste (or fresh ginger) Garlic paste (or fresh) 1/2 cup Brown sugar 1/2 stick butter Red pepper flakes Tomato Paste Mayo
1. Slice eggplant into spears and add to a bowl of iced saltwater.
2. Mix together the soy, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, butter, and red pepper flakes in a pan over a charcoal fire.
3. Grill eggplant and glaze with soy sauce mixture.
4. Mix together leftover soy mixture, ginger, tomato paste, and Mayo.
5. Drizzle over the eggplant before serving.