Ubons Toasted Coconut Pie
1 cup sweetened coconut
3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp butter
2 cups milk
white sugar to taste
1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs, separated
1. Toast coconut in a pan over hot coals. (Toasted coconut tastes better and gives the coconut great texture).
2. In a saucepan melt butter and add flour. Mix egg yolks, milk, 1/2 cup white sugar, and coconut milk, and add the mix to butter and flour.
3. After the mixture starts to thicken add 1/2 toasted coconut.
4. Beat egg whites with 2 tbsps. white sugar.
5. Pour pudding mixture into a cookie crust and top with meringue, and sprinkle with coconut.
6. Place in the grill (on the cool side!) for just long enough for the meringue to set.
7. Chill for 1-2 hours. Enjoy!