Try out this delicious bayou-inspired Voodoo wing recipe by Pitmaster Malcolm Reed.
1 lb. whole chicken wings
Cajun seasoning of your choice, Killer Hogs “King Craw” used
Voodoo Wing Sauce
1 stick butter
2 Tbsp minced onion
2 cloves minced garlic
½ cup dark brown sugar
2 oz dark rum
2 oz Killer Hogs Hot Sauce (or hot sauce of your choice)
2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 cup Killer Hogs Vinegar sauce (or vinegar BBQ sauce of your choice)
1. Light Charcoal using Tumbleweed
2. Season both sides of wings
3. Place wings around grill and wood
4. Make Voodoo Wing sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add dark brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and rum. Reduce for 5-7 minutes to cook off the alcohol. Remove from heat, add hot sauce and vinegar sauce. Store in a jar until ready to use.
5. Pull wings off the grill once internal temperatures reach 165. Cook approx. 1-hr until internal temperature reaches 190 for easy bone removal.
6. Toss in Voodoo wing sauce
Courtesy of: Chef Malcolm Reed