Cast Iron Skillet Queso
2 Cups Mozzarella Shredded
2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Shredded
2 Cups Velveeta Cubed
1 Block of cream cheese
1 Poblano chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 Roma tomato chops
8oz of Heavy whipping cream
2 Cups chicken broth( you
might not use all)
1lb. Of any meat of your choice, we used leftover brisket.
2 jalapenos sliced
1 bunch Cilantro
1 C. Queso Fresco
1. Heat pellet smoker 350 (using Royal Oak pellets).
2. Place cast iron skillets on the smoker to heat.
3. Spray with Pam, and add 2-3 Tbls of olive oil.
4. When heated (5-6min) toss in veggies.
5. Cook until they have color and are tender.
6. Add your cheeses. Let them start to melt.
7. Add 1/2 cup of cream, and 1/3 cup of chicken broth. Continue to cook until well melted. If cheese looks clumpy. Keep adding the remaining cream and chicken stock. Cook until creamy.
8. Top with fresh Jalapeño and chopped Cilantro. Enjoy with chips or veggies.