Megan Day’s Thanksgiving Buttermilk Pie
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- one pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons flour, sifted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Graham cracker piecrust in disposable tin
Equipment & Fuel
- Royal Oak® 100% Charcoal Pellets
- Pellet Grill
- Prepare pellet smoker for high heat grilling at 400° using Royal Oak 100% charcoal pellets.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light in color.
- Add eggs and beat until incorporated then add in vanilla extract for a few more turns.
- On med-low, add salt and alternate adding the sifted flour and the buttermilk. Beating together until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a shell and place on the smoker at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350° and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until golden brown.
*Tip: Let the pie rest for two hours before you chill it in the refrigerator. Slice once chilled. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with a dollop of heavy cream.