Megan Day’s Grilled Breakfast Boat
Two half-length baguettes aka “Demi Baguettes”
4 oz Gruyere cheese, shred and split into 2 portions
1/3 cup cream
Burnt Finger BBQ’s Steakhouse Grill Seasoning
2 oz of crumbled bacon
2 green onions, finely sliced
Burnt Finger BBQ’s Bacon Barbecue Rub
1. Prepare the smoker and set the internal temperature to 325*
2. Scoop out bread and create a channel in each baguette.
3. Sprinkle 2 oz of the cheese in the hollowed-out bread canals.
4. Whisk together eggs, cream, and Steakhouse Grill Seasoning.
5. Fold in Bacon and green onions.
6. Pour egg mixture into each baguette. Be sure to alternate between the bread to ensure each one has equal filling goodies.
7. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and dust with bacon barbecue rub.
8. Wrapped baguettes in foil and place on the smoker for 30 minutes.
9. Remove from foil and place back on the smoker until eggs are set and the bread is crispy.
10. Allow to cool, and then cut into 2-inch portions.