Pretzel Ring Beer Cheese Dip
1-3/4 c. shredded cheddar (1/2 cup reserved)
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
8-oz. cream cheese softened
1-1/2 tbsp. d ijon mustard
2 tbsp Crunchy sliced fried jalapenos chili peppers in oil (we prefer Don Chili brand) (plus more for garnish)
2 tsp. garlic powder
4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
2-3 tsp. green Tabasco sauce
2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives (plus more for garnish)
1/4 c. pale ale beer
(we prefer Deschutes Royal Fresh Imperial IPA Pale Ale)
2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 (16.3-oz.) can of refrigerated biscuits (NOT FLAKY LAYERS)
2 tbsp. baking soda
1 large egg, mixed with 1 tablespoon water, for brushing biscuits
1-2 tbsp. coarse salt
1. Preheat pellet grill (or oven) to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, stir together cheddar cheese, mozzarella, cream cheese, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, fresh garlic, chives, beer, fried jalapenos, and pepper. *Add more beer if necessary to get a good creamy consistency.
3. Open the biscuit container and cut each biscuit in half and roll it into a ball.
4. In a 2qt saucepan, bring water and baking soda to a boil. Whisk to dissolve. Add biscuits in batches and cook until puffy, about 1 minute. Remove from water using a slotted spoon. Transfer to a glass plate to rest.
5. Once all balls have boiled in baking soda water and excess water has drained, transfer to a 12″ ovenproof skillet, forming a ring along the inside edge.
6. Use scissors to cut a crisscross pattern on the top of the bread ball.
7. Brush biscuits with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse salt.
8. Gently pour cheese mixtures into the center of the skillet. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and fried jalapenos.
9. Bake until the biscuits are golden, and the dip is bubbly about 33 to 35 minutes.
10. Garnish with chives before serving.